LEGAL SERVICES FACILITY (LSF)
CALL FOR CONCEPT NOTES FOR THE URBAN LEGAL EMPOWERMENT PROJECT FOR DAR ES SALAAM-BASED NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANISATIONS
The Legal Services Facility (LSF) is an organization created in 2011 and was registered as a company limited by guarantee without share capital in October 2013. It is a basket fund created to channel funding on equal opportunity basis to organizations which are providing legal aid and paralegal services in Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar.
This call is issued following consultative processes that involved Urban-based legal Aid providers and other legal aid stakeholders that took place in 2016. The consultative process resulted into development of an urban legal empowerment approach. The approach was piloted by six (6) organizations based in Dar es Salaam in 2017/2018.
Projects under this call for concept notes will be implemented in Dar e s Salaam covering all districts namely Kinondoni, Temeke, Ilala, Ubungo and Kigamboni for a two year period 2019 – 2021.
General Selection Considerations:
Under this call for concept note, the LSF will select programs that will:
- Clearly present a unique intervention of addressing urban justice issues specifically labour and employment among women, girls and youth
- Demonstrate potential to be replicated and scaled up in the same or other urban settings with cost effectiveness aspects
- Clearly indicate how the project will be monitored and how relevant lessons will be documented and shared with other stakeholders.
- Significantly utilize legal empowerment approach as a central approach in realizing the changes
- Demonstrate improved integration, partnership and coordination among legal aid providers and other stakeholders
- Designed in such a way that at community level, the direction and management of the processes started can be sustained.
This call is open only to Dar es Salaam-based Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) that have not participated in the implementation of the Pilot Urban Legal empowerment project, which have been involved in promotion and protection of human and women rights and/or provision of legal aid, legal education, including paralegal services and community mobilisation, engaged in other social and economic empowerment interventions. They should have established themselves as organisations with capacity to deliver the intended results and with an understanding of labour and employment related challenges facing women, girls and youth.
More information about this call including full details, concept note format, budget Template and the urban legal Empowerment approach, is available on the LSF website: www.lsftz.org. The deadline for receipt of the Concept Notes is Tuesday 07th May, 2019 at 16:00hrs. Clarification meeting will be held at the LSF office on Tuesday 30th April, 2019 at 10:00 hrs.
Delivery of the Application
Completed concept note should be addressed and hand-delivered or delivered by private courier services to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Legal Services Facility,
P. O. Box 31480,
Bima Street, Nyati Rd., Mikocheni B,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.